I suggest you ...

Allow both individual and organization registrations and donations on FAF forms

Currently organizations are not able to register or make donations through FAF. A custom field must be created to track the organization name, but an individual record is then created in the CRM causing tracking, receipting, and reporting issues. In addition when this is brought into Raiser's Edge through the RE/Sphere Connector is does create an organization record in RE but the contact information is not brought over or linked as a relationship to the organization.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JeffJeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Danielle ConlonDanielle Conlon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is an issue. We have two organizations that registered for FAF pages. Both of these came over in the connector, but could not be linked to the already existing organization records in RE. I had to register these organizations for the event manually on their records. Now, we have two donations to these pages and I am going to have to enter these manually on the donor record and delete these from the connector as well. This was not though out well!

• Vanessa ForseVanessa Forse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary functionality. Organizations should be able to both create fundraising pages and make donations. I've been trying to get around this by telling organization contacts to split their organization name into the first and last name fields, but that is cumbersome, inaccurate and not self-explanatory. It causes issues for reporting and receipting in RE.

• Vicky JaggardVicky Jaggard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something we absolutely need to have for sure for donations. An organization field for donations is crucial.

• Jessica HoffmanJessica Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to include the "Organization Name" in our donation forms, which upsets individual donors. And when an Organization makes a donation, an "individual record" is created in the Sphere Database and then in order to make it an "Organizational Record" you need to e-mail a Support and create a ticket for them to make the change to the record from an Individual to an Organizational record; which basically means you're at the Mercy of BB support until they can fulfill this request. This is out 3 year in a row using Sphere Kintera Thon FAF and I wish this would be fixed already.

• Adeline CaronAdeline Caron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news Rebecca & Jeff! We build our peer-to-peer fundraising platforms under the CFAF ONLY! Will you review the CFAF registrations and donations forms as well as the standard FAF?

• Adeline CaronAdeline Caron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeff, you say:
        ''In addition when this is brought into Raiser's Edge through the RE/Sphere Connector is does create an organization record in RE but the contact information is not brought over or linked as a relationship to the organization.''

But it does not create an organization record in RE, it creates an individual record for an organization registration and that is the issue. Samething for organization donations, it creates an individual record.

Feedback and Knowledge Base