I suggest you ...

Allow monthly donors to update their credit cards

Give donors/monthly donors the ability to update their credit card information online

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminRobert McAllen (Product Manager, Blackbaud Sphere) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Rutherford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Please YES! Do this! I have personally lost hundreds of dollars in support because of expired credit cards. Adding this feature could potentially increase my support by the thousands!

• Byron Barlowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's needed even worse: the functionality of open-ended online giving. However, credit cards need updating after a few years. Still, it would be less strange, more inviting than limiting it to 3 yrs.

• Byron Barlowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad you brought it to our attention and thanks for the new e-letter. This is crucial--not only do we lose money between missed gifts, but may well lose donors permanently. I know it's confused donors to have a limit. They see that nowhere else.

• Brandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this feature! Also, it is a relief to know that Sphere has a product manager. Who knew?

• Heston W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would make a world of difference and is something that our constiuency has been asking for

• Liz Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! We would love to add this functionality. It would save us money that we lose between getting the new credit card details, as well as staff time.

• Sharn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG! Isn't it time yet? Funny thing, NC has had this for years and years. You can fiddle with CMS "tools" to create a feature, but it is clumsy. Lots of anxious donors here who call in a new email address and it gets put into RE, never reaches Sphere. If this change can be made in Sphere, it will go over the connector to RE. Unfortunately, MOST of our database updating is done in RE, change is hard, but could be hastened by new tools like this one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base